Thursday, January 27, 2005

First Entry from Europe!

I have been in Germany for a wee week now, just got internet after fiending with friends for days. Was it days or months? I don't know. All time is different for me now. Weeks have become months, mornings have become my favorite times to be alive, showers have grown longer, and I go to sleep actually tired.."

So, let me begin.

I love flying on airplanes. You are given hours with nothing better to do than read for pleasure, daydream while staring at clouds, watch movies and sleep. Flying in AirFrance was an especially fabulous flight-- they gave you brie with your inflight meal and I had my very own computer screen on which to play video games and watch movies. It was classy.


Paris de Gaulle Airport (I stepped outside so I could say I have been to Paris before)


Here is the sun rising over Paris as my flight took off. I had never seen anything more beautiful in my entire life.


Here I am in the Munich airport, looking completely silly, with a bunch of german mannequins.


Here are the dorms I live in. I got the worst housing situation of all my friends here. Some people live in the beautiful old city. My room in infested with bugs, and looks very dormish. I will post pictures of my room after I clean it/hopefully get a new room to live in.


Here is the giant ball in the middle of the campus.


Here is the beer truck, delivering kegs for the dining hall.


Yesterday was one of the coldest days here. It snowed large lovely flakes, so big that you could see what makes each one different from the others. My program sent us all on a tour of the city, where I took all of these pictures even though I have been lost/drinking excessive amounts/learning how to shop/staring up full of awe in it all week.






Here is The Dom. Rory is totally in love with the Dom. He believes there is a time machine hidden inside the ceilings.




Here is the stone bridge, I forget if it is 2000 or 800 years old. It was the first stone bridge of the sort ever built. It still exists because it was made of stone, and because Regensburg was never bombed during WWII. (A friend of mine here told me that his grandfather was a bomb dropper during WWII and was partially responsible for accidently missing Regensburg when all the major cities were bombed.) Near here is oldest wurst stand ever. They have been selling wurst for over 900 years.


I will now leave you with this goofy picture of me in front of a massive german cell phone. You can see more pictures like these in my new online photo album..